Website American Board of Emergency Medicine
Position: Director of Research
Reports To: Executive Director
Builds a new research group within ABEM. Develops strategy and conducts research at ABEM. Projects include, but are not limited to, analysis of activities and topics that inform Emergency Medicine
(EM) certification programs, the EM specialty, and the EM community. Collaborates with external researchers and organizations. Leads and manages study design, IRB approvals, data acquisition, data analysis, manuscript preparation, and manuscript submission. Leads internal research group to advance ABEM research.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Ph.D. in health services research, public health, assessment and evaluation, psychometrics, statistics, or other research-related fields.
• At least five (5) years of related experience conducting research.
• A consistent track record of peer-reviewed journal publications. Should be the lead author on the majority of these publications.
• A record of presentations at national or international conferences in support of the research agenda.
• Experience with statistical analyses programs, preferably R and SAS.
• Experience with advanced statistical methods including multivariate analyses, factor analysis, HLM, and SEM
• Experience extracting, managing, and analyzing data. Experience working with large data sets (e.g., medical claims data) preferred.
• Experience managing a research budget.
• Record of positive team development and organizational collaborations. Strong relationship
and culture-building skills.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
The American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM) is a national organization recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties that offers employees a unique opportunity to play a role in shaping the specialty of Emergency Medicine. ABEM certifies emergency physicians who meet our educational, professional standing, and examination standards. Earning board certification represents the highest standards in Emergency Medicine and the greatest value to patients. At ABEM,
we are extremely proud of the work we do. Our team of professionals in East Lansing, Michigan, work to provide the best service, products, and support to Emergency Physicians in the interest of the board’s mission to the public. Apply here https://bit.ly/DirectorOfResearchABEM