For The Love Of Health
ChristianaCare, a recognized leader in healthcare, seeks a passionate and dedicated Emergency Medicine Physicians to provide high-quality, compassionate care to our community. You will be part of a dynamic team covering four state-of-the-art Emergency Departments in Delaware and Maryland all within 30 minutes from the Newark, DE campus. Embrace a role where your clinical expertise is valued and where you can truly make a difference in patients’ lives every day.
- The emergency departments at ChristianaCare’s Christiana Hospital, Wilmington Hospital, Union Hospital, and the free-standing emergency department in Middletown, Delaware treat a combined total of more than 225,000 patients each year.
- Christiana Hospital ranks in the top 25 in the country for emergency visits and is Delaware’s only Level I trauma center that treats adults and children – the only center of its kind between Philadelphia and Baltimore.
- President & CEO Dr. Janice Nevin named among 50 Most Influential Clinical Executives in 2023 By Modern Healthcare
Named among Forbes Best Employer for Diversity & Inclusion in The U.S. For 2023
- Achieved Healthgrades America’s 50 Best Hospitals Award In 2023
Compensation & benefits package include:
- Base salary, productivity bonus, quality incentive bonus incentive, plus shift differential rates
- Eligible for Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 403b, 457b, and Defined Contribution Retirement Plans
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
- 12 weeks paid protected parental leave
ChristianaCare is one of the country’s most dynamic health systems, centered on improving health outcomes, making high-quality care more accessible and lowering health care costs. ChristianaCare includes an extensive network of outpatient services, home health care, medical aid units, three hospitals (1,300 beds), a Level I trauma center and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a comprehensive stroke center and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care and women’s health. We rank 21st in the nation for hospital admissions and 6th for admission of stroke patients.
ChristianaCare is a not-for-profit teaching health system with more than 290 residents and fellows. We are continually ranked by US News & World Report as a Best Hospital. With our unique, data-powered care coordination service and a focus on population health and value-based care, ChristianaCare is shaping the future of health care.
Working for ChristianaCare offers the best of urban and suburban living with multiple housing options, excellent restaurants and entertainment venues, quality public and private schools and a short driving distance to popular Delaware and New Jersey beaches. The location provides easy access to Washington, DC, Philadelphia, and New York City – all within a short drive or train ride from Newark, DE.
EEO Statement: ChristianaCare Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.