At Geisinger, you don’t have to put your life on hold to move healthcare forward. Living in Pennsylvania and working at a nationally recognized system, you’ll have opportunities to deliver innovative patient care, while enjoying a work-life balance that gives you time to explore everything the outdoors has to offer. This is a place where you can get more out of life and make a difference in the lives of your neighbors – at home and across the country.
Geisinger is seeking exceptionally trained Emergency Medicine physicians with a passion for practicing quality, evidenced-based medicine focused on making better health easier for our patients. Our environment is uniquely suited with diverse pathologies, patient populations and acuities, to educate the best and brightest minds in medicine, including Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine students and Geisinger Emergency Medicine residents.
To enhance the educational experience of our learners, we are looking to add to our current team of Emergency Medicine physicians that includes 4 EMS, 3 Ultrasound, 3 Pediatric Emergency Medicine, 1 Sports Medicine, 1 Critical Care Medicine, and 1 Informatics fellowship trained providers. Opportunities exist in both our central and northeast regions. Previous core faculty experience or fellowship training in the following areas is preferred but not required:
· Pediatric Emergency Medicine
· Critical Care Medicine
· Addiction Medicine/Pain Management
· Palliative care
At Geisinger, we’re not afraid to do things differently when it comes to delivering excellent care. That spirit of innovation and excellence drives everything we do, including:
· Longstanding EM Residency program in the central region with Geisinger northeast welcoming our inaugural class in July of 2023. To learn more, click here.
· Ultrasound fellowship program in the central region.
· Sports medicine fellowship programs located in both the central and northeast regions.
· Robust emergency medical services program: nine state-of-the-art helicopters stationed at six bases across the system, two Critical Care Ground Transports in a regional model a strong and growing ground EMS agency including our nationally recognized mobile integrated health program.
· Progressive care models focused on innovative early intervention and post-acute care options rather than historical reactivity to decrease hospital and ED congestion.
· Growing pediatric emergency medicine program.
· Established trauma program with trauma designations at multiple sites. Each region includes a Level 1 trauma center, comprehensive stroke center, and STEMI receiving center.
· Embedded, multi-disciplinary team of care managers and clinical pharmacists in emergency departments to create a holistic, streamlined process from triage to discharge.
· Geisinger has produced and is still home to industry leaders in our specialty including state and national leaders in ACEP, PACEP, ABEM, EMS, Research, and Education.
With Geisinger, you can also take advantage of:
· Competitive compensation package & benefits including three robust retirement plans, CME, relocation and more! To learn more about our extensive benefits that allow our employees to live well both in their professional and personal lives, click here.
· Academic opportunities with Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. To learn more about how Geisinger is building healthcare teams of the future, click here.
· Better quality of life – Enjoy fresh air, short commutes, and tight-knit communities in our respective regions across Pennsylvania. To learn more about living in our service area, click here.
· Satisfaction of working for a nationally recognized, physician-led healthcare organization committed to leading healthcare change. To learn more about Geisinger’s many accolades, click here.
· To learn more about why others chose Geisinger, click here.
“Practicing emergency medicine at Geisinger offers physicians the opportunity to advance their careers while also making a huge impact, not only in the lives of our patients, but on the nation as a whole. Geisinger has been recognized as a leader in the industry for its innovative care delivery models that positively influence the way emergency medicine physicians practice everywhere.” Jaewon Ryu, MD, JD, Geisinger President and CEO (an emergency medicine residency trained physician).
Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes ten hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,700 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Central Region – Geisinger’s central region, also known as the Susquehanna Valley (Bloomsburg, Danville, Lewisburg, Williamsport), boasts beautiful scenery, an exceptionally high quality of life and a low cost of living and includes Geisinger Medical Center, Geisinger Bloomsburg Hospital, Geisinger Shamokin Area Community Hospital and Geisinger St. Luke’s (a Geisinger affiliated hospital). Northeast Region – Geisinger’s northeast region offers the choice of living in quiet, serene rural or suburban areas within easy commuting distance of its two larger cities – Wilkes-Barre and Scranton, PA. This region is home to Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center, Geisinger South Wilkes-Barre, and Geisinger Community Medical Center. To learn more about Geisinger’s service area, please click here.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Geisinger values who you are, where you are from, and where you are going. We seek out people of various backgrounds and cultures with unique abilities, non-traditional career paths and ambitious aspirations. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status. Read more about Our Commitment to Inclusive Recruiting.
Our Vision & Values
Everything we do is about making better health easier for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.