Website Merritt Hawkins
One of the nation’s most integrated healthcare systems is seeking a board-certified emergency medicine residency program director to lead and shape a new EM residency program. This leadership position (50% leadership/admin, 50% clinical) is with an organization that’s highly supportive of graduate medical education. The healthcare system already has successful GME programs in psychiatry, surgery, family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, and podiatry. The EM program will be one of only two EM residency programs in Iowa, at one of only two Level I trauma centers in the state. A minimum of three years’ experience as core faculty in an ACGME emergency medicine residency is required.
- Build and develop a brand a new residency program
- New program in an experienced and supportive sponsoring institution
- Clinical faculty appointment at affiliated university
- Ensure residents’ exposure to rigorous scholarly activity, research, clinical training, and a well-rounded practice of emergency medicine in a community-based setting
Ranked #7 in “Best Places to Live in the U.S.” by U.S. News & World Report, Des Moines is ideal for families and individuals alike to call home. With plenty of outdoor activities and amenities at your fingertips, it has all you need and more.
- A low cost of living and fantastic housing options
- Excellent public and private schools
- Endless possibilities for outdoor recreation—enjoy hiking and biking on more than 800 miles of trails, golfing, fishing, kayaking, camping, and much more
- An international airport, a thriving arts and culture scene, top-notch shops and restaurants, and a variety of entertainment options for individuals of all ages
- Medscape names Iowa one of its “Best Places to Practice”
For immediate consideration please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. Also, inform me of your best available times to speak. I look forward to your reply and thank you for your review. Please do not delay as we anticipate a significant response.
Please contact Ashlie Korb at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 866-406-0269 and reference DER-136366