Website NYU Langone Health
NYU Langone Hospital – Long Island
The Department of Emergency Medicine at NYU Langone Hospital – Long Island is recruiting an exceptional residency program director to lead a new three-year residency program scheduled to accept its first class of residents July 2023. This program will accept 6 residents per year for a total complement of 18 residents.
The program director will report directly to the chair of the Department of Emergency Medicine and will be a critical part of the creation, development, and oversight of this new program. The program director will use sophisticated data and analytics to inform and drive resident talent, building upon the Department’s capabilities with asynchronous learning, simulation, and multimedia technology.
The Emergency Department at NYU Langone Hospital – Long Island provides care for more than 87,000 patents annually and is an American College of Surgeons-verified Level 1 Trauma Center with full adult and pediatric capabilities.
· Candidate must be board-certified in Emergency Medicine by the American Board of Emergency Medicine and have a minimum of five years of post-residency clinical experience.
· Ideal candidate will be a seasoned emergency medicine educator with experience within an ACGME-accredited residency program and a proven track record of educational accomplishments in an academic medical center.
· Ability to create curriculum, develop assistant program directors, and build collaborative relationships across the hospital system is strongly desired.
· Additional formal training and experience with program development, scholarly activities, educational leadership experience and ACGME accreditation is desired.
· Assistant Program Directors
· Residency Program Coordinator
· Provide leadership across all aspects of residency education, including clinical, educational, research, and ACGME accreditation activities.
· Provide mentorship to and develop the assistant program directors.
· Implement innovative curriculum design and assessment initiatives across multiple education platforms.
· Promote growth of resident scholarly activities.
· Collaborate across departments and institutions to ensure optimal resident experiences.
· Establish and maintain educational platforms which include FOAM, asynchronous learning, flipped classroom, and simulation.
· Develop collaborative educational opportunities at other clinical sites.
· Design additional resident clinical and academic experiences to reflect the changing healthcare environment.
Email CV and letter of interest to Saba Yousuf, MBA, Administrative Manager of the Emergency Department at NYU Langone Hospital – Long Island at Saba.Yousuf@nyulangone.org
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.