Website UT Health San Antonio
We Make Lives Better
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio Joe R. and Teresa Lozano Long School of Medicine
Vice-Chair of Education, Department of Emergency Medicine
The Long School of Medicine (LSOM) at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (dba UT Health San Antonio) seeks to hire a creative and dynamic physician leader as the Vice-Chair of Education for the Department of Emergency Medicine in order to fulfill the Department’s mission to teach the next generation of students, physicians, and providers and to develop a culture of research and academic excellence to support graduate and undergraduate medical education. The Department of Emergency Medicine Education Division, supports a 3rd year Medical Student Mandatory Clerkship, 4th year Medical Student Elective, several medical student EM specialty electives, a PGY 1-3, ACGME-accredited residency program with 30 total residents, and several ACGME and non-ACGME accredited fellowship programs. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of educational excellence and experience as a program director. The Vice-Chair is a full-time faculty position, reporting directly to the Chair of Emergency Medicine. Academic rank will be commensurate with experience and the requirements of LSOM.
• Oversee all educational activities of the Department, including undergraduate and graduate medical education, curricular development, innovation, and enhancement, educational research, faculty development as teachers, and program development.
• Serve as Program Director managing and overseeing all aspects of a large, urban emergency medicine residency program.
• Conduct scholarly research in the field of medical education.
• Maintain fiscal and budgetary responsible for the Education Division.
• Collaborate with the Vice Dean for Graduate Medical Education to enhance the education of resident physicians
• Work closely with University Health System (primary teaching hospital of LSOM) administration
• Collaborate with the Vice Dean for Curriculum
• Represent Emergency Medicine
• MD or DO degree
• Completion of an accredited Emergency Medicine Residency program
• Board certified by ABEM or ABOEM
• Licensed for practice of medicine in the state of Texas
• Minimum of 5 years of experience as a practicing emergency physician
• Minimum of 3 years in a Track record of leadership roles in education at an academic medical center
UT Health San Antonio offers a highly competitive salary, comprehensive insurance package, and generous retirement plan. Academic appointment and salary will be commensurate with experience. Please visit the https:// uthscsa.referrals.selectminds.com/faculty to apply for position 20000616.
UT Health San Antonio is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including protected veterans and persons with disabilities. All faculty appointments are designated as security sensitive positions.